Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lord, I believe: An Original Poem

The Lord has been working with me about my faith, and here is the product of about a year and a half. As is my faith, this poem is a work in progress. It started with the first two lines bouncing around in my head for a week or so, and has become this. I hope to add more and more verses as my walk in faith continues. If it helps, sing these lines to the tune of "Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness."


Lord, I believe Thy faithfulness sure:
Myself Thou shalt steadfastly secure.
With Thee on my side through every trial,
Though my head droop it shall be rais’d higher.

Lord, I believe Thou orderest my way,
Come gloom or gladness; come night or day.
If my faith fail, or I should lose hope,
Thee, Lord canst bear, with what I cannot cope.

Lord, I believe that weakness of mine
Is swallow’d in strength of the perfect Divine.
And Thou in Thy love givest to me
The sweet blessed Jesus: all that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment